Almond Cranberry Granola
A medley of oats, almonds and cranberries that is a perfect plant-based snack, and can also be added to decorative glass jars and given as gifts during the holiday season.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Total Time: 50-55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp water, warm
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups almonds, raw or dry-roasted, sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cranberries, dried, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare chia ‘egg’ by combining chia seeds with water. Set aside.
- Mix oats, almonds, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add chia ‘egg’, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Spread granola on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 15-20 minutes until granola is crispy and golden.
- Cool for 1 hour then stir in dried cranberries.