Apple Raisin Bread
A traditional recipe turned on its head by using nut milk, mashed banana, and aquafaba.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Total Time: 50-60 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 2 cups Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 banana, ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, whole wheat pastry or gluten-free
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine nut milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Let sit for five minutes then stir in applesauce.
- In a second bowl, mix mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- In a third, large bowl, mix all other dry ingredients except raisins.
- Stir bowls of wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients, then fold in the raisins.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Gently remove from pan. Cool, slice, and serve.