A broth-based soup seasoned with your choice of herbs that also can become a creamy soup by adding Cashew Cream at the end.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 3/4 cup asparagus, trimmed,cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp fennel, dry (optional)
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dry (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dill, dry (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup water
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Parsley, fresh, chopped
- Heat stove to medium high heat. Add asparagus, leeks, plus any optional spices (fennel, thyme, dill). Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add soup to the blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add to individual serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.
Notes: This recipe can be made using 1/2 head of broccoli instead of asparagus. In step 2 you will have to simmer the soup longer to make sure broccoli is cooked. Also, for a creamier soup, you can add a tablespoon of Cashew Cream when blending.