A healthful plant-based snack sweetened with maple syrup that also works as an ingredient in plant-based baked goods (like our Black Bean Brownies).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 large apples, roughly chopped
- 2–4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Cinnamon, ground, to taste (optional)
- Add apples, 2 tablespoons water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cinnamon (if using) to a high-speed blender and puree, adding more water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- For raw sauce, pour into a bowl and serve or chill (must be consumed the same day).
- For cooked sauce, transfer mixture to a saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.