- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oat flour and flaxseed in a bowl.
- Add cassava and applesauce and knead into a dough, then add water until you have reached the desired consistency. Rest dough for 5-10 minutes, adding extra water if it dries out.
- Roll dough out then cut into circles. Place filling in the center of each circle, then fold the dough in half. Seal edges by pinching the dough or by using a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mash bananas. Stir in cinnamon and sucant (optional).
- Sautee onion and celery in a nonstick pan over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a drop or two of water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add garlic and chopped mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add wine and mustard and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in parsley and thyme, and season with black pepper to taste.
Notes: The dough tends to be in the sweet side because of the applesauce. If your filling of choice is sweet, no salt may be necessary. With a savory filling that uses tamari or other sodium-containing condiment, salt may not be necessary either.