A go-to plant-based snack, as well as the base for our fabulous Sunday Morning Smoked Tofu Benedict.
- Prep Time: 125 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Total Time: 160-165 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups tofu, extra firm, pressed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp tamari, low sodium
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp liquid smoke, hickory flavor
- Cut pressed tofu into six slabs and place in a container.
- Mix water, tamari, maple syrup and liquid smoke together.
- Add liquids to the tofu container.
- Refrigerate 2 hours (or overnight), flipping tofu in the middle of the time to make sure it is evenly marinated.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place tofu on, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip, then bake for another 15-20 minutes.