Beet and Orange Salad With Dairy-Free Ricotta
A five-ingredient salad that is simple to make but packs a big punch.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 1/2 pound beets
- 2 oranges
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 cups greens (e.g., kale, spinach, swiss chard)
- 1/4 cup Dairy-Free Ricotta Cheese or store-bought ricotta, dairy-free
- Peel the beets, and cut them into wedges, using multiple types of beets to add color. Place beets in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until beets are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Finely grate 2 teaspoons orange rind. Peel and section oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
- Combine orange rind, juice, and pepper.
- Place mixed greens in a bowl. Add beets, orange slices, and dairy-free ricotta cheese and toss by hand.