Black Bean Brownies
An ultimate plant-based dessert for chocolate lovers that uses black beans as the base – but your family and friends will never tell!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 3/4 cup black beans, cooked, rinsed
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 6 tbsp aquafaba
- 3 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients except walnuts/pecans to a food processor and puree until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add batter to a nonstick brownie pan or tin.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until top batter becomes dry and edges pull away from the pan.
- Cool 30 minutes before removing gently (center will be moist).
- Store up to 3 days in an airtight container or refrigerate for longer.