- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse black beans and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Mash them with a fork.
- Process walnuts (or pecans) in a food processor. Add them to the mashed black beans.
- Process shiitake mushrooms in a food processor. Mix them with forbidden rice, beets, and all other ingredients.
- Chill mixture for 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator to thicken. Form patties by hand.
- Bake patties at 375˚F for 25 minutes. Cool for 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
Notes: If grilling, cook patties on non-stick foil on pre-heated grill until golden brown on each side. Patties can also be wrapped individually (uncooked) and frozen for later use.