Black Rice, Mango and Avocado Salad
A mix of black rice, mango, red onion, parsley, and avocado tossed in a delightful, oil-free cilantro lime vinaigrette that demonstrates the brilliance of simple, fresh ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minute
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 1/2 cups black rice, uncooked
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup almonds, roasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Rinse black rice then place in a medium saucepan with 2 3/4 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add vinaigrette ingredients to a food processor and pulse for 15-30 seconds until combined.
- When rice has finished cooking, remove from stove and place in a bowl.
- Cool for about 10 minutes then stir in vinaigrette.
- Cover and refrigerate until fully cooled, about 1 hour.
- Remove and toss rice with mango, red onion, parsley, and cilantro (optional).
- Scoop into individual salad bowls and top with avocado and almonds (optional).