Bliss in a Dish (Chickpea and Artichoke One-Pot Wonder)
A hearty and satisfying plant-based casserole that will bring your loved ones to the table.*
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 70-80 minutes
- Total Time: 80-90 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups potatoes, red or Yukon gold, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 3 cups artichoke hearts, frozen, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted, sliced in half
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3–4 tbsp sultana or other raisins
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, dried
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup basil, fresh, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place potato cubes in a large pot of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower temperature to medium-low and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain. (You can also steam potatoes)
- Transfer potatoes and other ingredients (except vinegar and fresh basil) into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place mixture in a large casserole dish and cover with foil. Cook 20 minutes then stir.
- Replace foil and cook an additional 20 minutes until potatoes are fully tender and other vegetables are soft.
- Add vinegar, stir, then bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil (if using) and serve hot.