A fluffy cake, complimented with the texture of blueberry and almond, to enjoy with your family this weekend.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1/2 cup pastry flour, whole wheat (optional: gluten free, all-purpose baking mix)
- 1 tbsp sucanat (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup Homemade Nut Milk
- 1/4 cup apple juice, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp almonds, roasted, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°F and place a cook sheet inside.
- Sift the flour, sucanat, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine the nut milk, apple juice, almond butter, and vanilla extract into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add enough of the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture until the batter is wet then stir with a few swift strokes until batter is moist (you will likely have left over the wet ingredients mix. These can be stored for future use). Fold in blueberries and almonds.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan until hot.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until small bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until the second side is lightly browned, about 1 minute longer.
- Transfer cooked pancakes onto the cookie sheet in the oven to keep warm. Repeat until all mixture has been used.