Decadent Double Chocolate Brownies
A better-for-you option gets its rich taste from a combination of unsweetened cocoa powder and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1/2 cup flour, garbanzo bean
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dairy-free
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl, i.e. flour, sucanat, cocoa powder, potato starch, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan gum.
- Add wet ingredients to the same bowl, i.e. hot water, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until the batter is smooth then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into a 24- cavity brownie baking mold.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the tray 180 degrees and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let brownies cool for 10 minutes before serving.