Fluffy Dairy-Free Buttermilk Pancakes
A light and fluffy buttermilk pancake made with all plant-based ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 2 cups Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed, or apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp aquafaba
- 2 cups ‘buttermilk’
- 4 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups pastry flour, whole wheat or gluten-free
- 2 tbsp date sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl, combine almond milk and lemon juice.
- Set bowl aside for 10 minutes.
- Place aquafaba in a separate bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Add buttermilk, applesauce and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add the flour, date sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; whisk until blended.
- Heat a griddle to medium-high. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4 to 6 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.