Best Dairy-Free Cheesecake
A rich, creamy, dairy-free cheesecake that will delight even your pickiest guests.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, dairy-free
- 1 cup sucanat
- 3 tbsp aquafaba
- 4 tbsp vanilla extract
- Combine pecans and dates in a food processor and pulse until the mixture sticks together.
- Press dough into a 9-inch springform pan to make the crust.
- Proceed to prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the all ingredients into the food processor and mix until very smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan (over the crust) and bake for 35 to 40 minutes (bake it covered with aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes, then remove the cover to slightly brown the cheesecake).
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Top with a berry sauce and place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve it cold and enjoy!
Notes: For this recipe, I used Kite Hill’s plain cream cheese style spread. Aquafaba is the viscous liquid in which canned legumes (e.g. chickpeas) have been cooked. Though not entirely necessary for structure, aquafaba will add creaminess to the cheesecake.