A plant-based version of the New England/Mid-Atlantic classic.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Total Time: 40-50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 1 cup hearts of palms, rinsed
- 2 tbsp Cashew Cream
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Tartar Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse artichokes, chickpeas and hearts of palm in food processor until mixed and chunky.
- Place mixture in bowl. Add Cashew Cream and stir, then combine with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, Old Bay seasoning, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup breadcrumbs on a plate. Form mixture into patties then coat each in breadcrumbs.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake 30–40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve Chickpea Cakes with Tartar Sauce (optional).
Notes: Store-bought Greek-style plant-based yogurt can be used in place of Cashew Cream. You can also use an air fryer.