Chocolate Chip Cookies
An American classic transformed into a better-for-you version that is still chocolaty and delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 1x
- 5 Medjool dates
- 1 cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup chocolate, dairy-free, broken into chunks
- 3–4 tbsp sucanat
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Soak dates in water for a few minutes to soften.
- Mix flour, chocolate, sucanat, walnuts (if using), baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Drain water from dates. In a blender, add nut milk, dates and vanilla extract then blend until smooth.
- Add liquid to bowl of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, place dough on lined baking tray.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Notes: Batter will be on the wet side and difficult to handle without a spoon. Consistency may change depending on the type of flour or nut milk you use. If dough is too thin to work with, you may add a tablespoon or two of additional flour, and/or place in the refrigerator to firm up a bit.