A smooth and creamy mousse that can be prepared with your choice of tofu or Haas avocados.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 12 ounces silken tofu, soft or light OR 2 to 3 Haas avocados
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips, dairy-free
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk, to desired texture
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend them for 3 to 5 minutes. The mixture will get smoother and darker the longer it blends. The perfect texture is reached when no dark (from chocolate) or white (from tofu) spots can be seen in the mixture.
- Transfer mixture to small serving dishes and leave them in the fridge for 2 hours. Serve with strawberries and mint.
Notes: The mousse will firm quite a bit in the fridge, if you are preparing the recipe with silken tofu. In that case, add non-dairy milk. There is no need to add non-dairy milk if the mousse is made with avocados.