Cinnamon Zest French Toast
A perfect breakfast treat for a relaxed weekend at home with the family.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1 cup Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, finely ground
- 1 tbsp date paste or maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 5 to 6 bread slices, whole wheat
- In a bowl, whisk nut milk and ground chia seeds. Let mixture set for 10 minutes.
- Heat griddle on medium heat.
- Add date paste or maple syrup, orange zest, vanilla and cinnamon to bowl and whisk.
- Coat both sides of a piece of bread in mixture and place on griddle. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until each side browned and cooked inside.
- Serve with syrup or a tablespoon of Cashew Cream sprinkled with orange zest and cinnamon.