A recipe that captures the yummy sweetness of corn with the kick of green onions, chives and garlic in a crunchy texture made without any added oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups sweet corn, frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat or gluten-free
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, fresh, chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Heat a flat griddle pan or flat plates on a panini pan to medium heat.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl, adding the water until mixture is firm enough to scoop into balls.
- Drop a spoonful of mixture onto the pan and flatten until fritters are 1/3-inch thick.
- Cook on medium heat until a light brown. Flip over and cook the other side.