Crudites and Red Bell Pepper Dip
A quick but elegant appetizer to set out for guests at your next special gathering, served with your choice of fresh sliced vegetables, crackers or pita chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 red bell pepper, large, freshly roasted
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- To roast red bell pepper, char it on all sides directly over the flame of a gas stove. You can also roast it at 400°F until it has blistered all over. Once cooled, peel off the skin, remove the stem and seeds, and then chop.
- Add roasted red pepper, green onions, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, cumin, and Aleppo pepper flakes to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Remove from food processor. Transfer into a bowl and serve with crudites.
Notes: Aleppo pepper can be found in Middle Eastern markets or food co-ops and grocery stores offering a wide selection of spices. You can substitute it with Marash pepper (smokier with a little more heat) or Antebi pepper (fruitier and milder). You may also use a mixture of equal parts of dried crushed chili flakes and sweet paprika.