A classic holiday drink made using whole plant foods that will give you a reason to raise a glass with family and friends this holiday season.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 cups cashews, raw, soaked overnight
- 4 cups water
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 vanilla pod seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg, fresh, grated
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground (optional)
- 2 tbsp liquor (e.g., bourbon, brandy, rum, whiskey) (optional)
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews, then transfer to high-speed blender along with water, dates, cinnamon, seeds from 1/4 vanilla pod, nutmeg, cloves (if using), and liquor (if desired).
- Blend until smooth. For an even smoother consistency, strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate up to one week. Serve chilled.