Eggless Salad Sandwich
A simple, healthful lunch that can be whipped up quickly and gives you the nutrients you need to power on.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3/4 cup chickpeas, cooked, rinsed + juice from can (aquafaba)
- 1 tsp garlic, fresh, chopped
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp Cashew Cream
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp baby dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Combine chickpeas, aquafaba, chopped garlic, garlic powder and onion powder in a saucepan and cook it over medium heat for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- When chilled, drain liquid. Place in food processor and pulse until slightly chunky.
- Remove from food processor and place in bowl with remaining ingredients. Chill at least 10 minutes before assembling sandwiches or lettuce wraps.
Notes: In place of Cashew Cream you may substitute avocado or plain plant-based yogurt.