Fall Harvest Pasta
A creamy, smoky sauce using roasted butternut squash and seasonings poured over fresh whole wheat pasta (or potato gnocchi) and served with a salad for a complete, nutritious family meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 garlic clove, fresh, whole
- 1/2 cup pasta of choice, uncooked
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cashews, raw, soaked overnight
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Liquid smoke, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, then add diced butternut squash and whole garlic clove. Roast 30-40 minutes or until fork tender (squash), flipping halfway.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. When cooled, pop garlic clove out of the peel.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Transfer squash and garlic to a blender with all remaining ingredients except liquid smoke and hot sauce.
- Add liquid smoke and hot sauce (to taste) and blend again.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add the desired amount of sauce and stir to combine.* Cook until heated then serve.
Notes: Depending on your preferences, you may have remaining sauce. If so, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.