A tasty Tex-Mex meal made 100 percent plant-based with veggies like yellow squash, red onion and tomatoes seasoned with spicy favorites including cumin, pepper and chili powder.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 red onion, sliced (optional)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- 6 tortillas, whole wheat or brown rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Place non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion (if using) and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a drop of water if needed.
- Add all other veggies (except avocado) and sprinkle with cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Stir vegetables regularly until tender but still firm.
- Serve on top of tortillas, garnished with sliced avocado.
Notes: Instructions are written for year-round in-home preparation. However, you may also use the grill for the veggies. Simply prep the vegetables, sprinkle with the seasonings, cook on a pre-heated grill, remove when they are done to your liking, then assemble.