Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
A comforting plant-based breakfast to share with your family on a relaxing Sunday morning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup pastry flour, whole wheat (optional: gluten-free, all-purpose baking mix)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 2 cups Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (more to serve)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- Add rolled oats to a blender or food processor and blend it until flour.
- Add wheat flour, baking powder, and flaxseed meal to the blender. Pulse to combine.
- Add bananas, nut milk, maple syrup and mix again.
- Stir in the blueberries (if using).
- Heat a non-stick griddle over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup mixture onto heated griddle. Flip to turn over when bubbles start to appear on the surface of each pancake. Cook until brown on both sides. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Enjoy with warm maple syrup.
Notes: Making this recipe using a high-speed blender will help clean up. In that case, add blueberries to each pancake individually.