Garden Couscous Salad
A perfect salad for busy days: light, fluffy and flavorful with no fuss and very little mess.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cup asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup peas, fresh, shelled (or frozen, thawed)
- 2 tbsp mint, fresh, chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- In a large metal mixing bowl, mix couscous, green onion, jalapeño, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- In a saucepan, add vegetable broth, asparagus, and peas. Heat over high heat until it boils.
- Pour broth into the metal bowl and shake the bowl so couscous settles into liquid.
- Cover bowl with foil and let couscous stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in mint and black pepper to taste. Serve hot.