Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
A three-hour marinade time infuses these mushrooms with a sweet and smoky taste that comes to life on the grill.
- Prep Time: 180 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp tamari, low-sodium
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp liquid smoke, hickory flavor
- 5 portobello mushrooms, whole
- At least three hours before cooking, prepare marinade by whisking water, tamari, maple syrup, and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
- Clean Portobello mushrooms and add to plastic bag with marinade.
- Seal bag, shake to coat, then place in refrigerator for three hours (or longer for deeper flavor).
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place mushrooms on grill and cook 5-7 minutes per side.