Hummus Tortilla Pizzas
A crispy, thin crust pizza brimming with tasty plant-based toppings.*
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 tortillas, whole grain
- 2 cups hummus, oil-free
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prep pizza toppings for placement on tortillas.
- Place whole-grain tortillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until just crispy and golden (watch, they can turn from golden to burnt quickly).
- Remove and let cool on baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 cup of hummus on each cooled tortilla (start from around the edges rather than in the centre to prevent pizza from getting soggy in the middle) then add toppings of choice on pizza.
- Return to the oven immediately (don’t let sit with hummus on tortilla for too long as the tortilla will become soggy) and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes, just to heat toppings through.
- Remove and slice. Sprinkle spices and serve.
Notes: A variety of vegetables can be used for the pizza. Remember that moist vegetables will release water when baking and can make your pizza soggy. Choose vegetables that don’t release too much juice, or pre-roast the veg to concentrate the vegetables. It’s fine to use some wetter vegetables (e.g. tomatoes, mushrooms), just don’t overdo them, and combine with other toppings that are dried (e.g. sliced onions, chopped bell peppers, olives).