A popular West African dish that you can now welcome to your plant-based table!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp Thai chili pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 cup rice, basmati, uncooked
- 1 3/4 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 tsp thyme, dry
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Parsley, fresh, to serve
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, cook onions until translucent, about 5 minutes, adding a drop or two of water if sticking occurs.
- Add garlic, chili pepper and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and toast for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, thyme and paprika. Stir until combined.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid, simmer 15-20 minutes, until all liquids are absorbed, lifting lid to check only one or two times at the end to avoid releasing steam.
- Keeping lid on, remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Fluff with a fork and serve with garnish of chopped parsley.