A wholesome appetizer served with vegetables and whole wheat crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups lentils, black, cooked, rinsed
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Sauté onions until lightly browned.
- Pulse lentils, onions, parsley and walnuts in food processor until chopped but not completely smooth.
- Transfer spread to a serving bowl and garnish with green onion.
- Serve with vegetables and whole wheat crackers.
Notes: This recipe may be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.