- Set electric pressure cooker to Sauté. Add onion and celery and cook until softened, about 4 minutes, adding a drop or two of water as needed.
- Add garlic, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook one minute.
- Add vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, lentils, water, and tomatoes. Stir.
- Cover electric pressure cooker with lid, close steam vent, choose Manual (Pressure Cook High) and set to 12 minutes.
- When electric pressure cooker beeps, let the pressure come down naturally in the Warm setting.
- Carefully open lid. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Season to taste with black pepper and serve.
Notes: To make this recipe on the stovetop, follow steps 1-3, then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and lentils are cooked, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and stir until wilted, then serve. The consistency of the soup will differ depending on cooking method.