Protein-Packed Potato Skins
A delightful plant-based stuffed potato that works as a fun appetizer but can also be a main meal, complimented with optional toppings and a healthful side salad.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 70-80 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minute
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3 potatoes
- 1/4 cup Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp mustard, stone ground
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Tahini sauce (optional)
- Baked Tofu (optional)
- Green onions or chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Puncture potatoes several times with a fork.
- Bake on baking sheet for about 60 minutes, or until tender. Remove and let cool until they can be handled.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the centers. Transfer to a bowl and mash with nut milk, garlic, and mustard.
- Add chickpeas and roughly mash into the mixture. Add sun-dried tomatoes, shallot, capers, green onions and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fill potato skins with the mixture, then continue baking 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make tahini sauce (optional) by whisking equal parts tahini and water, a dash of garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Serve potato skins with optional toppings of choice.