Low-Sodium Black Bean and Corn Chowder
A nutritious bowl of plant-based comfort food.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups black beans, cooked, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup corn, frozen
- 2 cups tomatoes, fire-roasted, low-sodium
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- In a large pot, add onions and sauté them for a few minutes
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, garlic powder and mix well.
- Stir in water and nut milk. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with black pepper.