A colorful, crunch, fresh, and tasty meal that will help you make new memories with your loved ones.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 cups black beans, cooked, rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp chili pepper, seeded, sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- Leafy greens (e.g. lettuce, spinach)
- Veggies (e.g. avocado, bell pepper, grilled mushrooms, onion, sweet corn, tomato)
- Fresh Herbs – e.g. cilantro, parsley
- Sauces (e.g. dairy-free sour cream, cashew cream sauce, salsa, guacamole)
- Sauté onion and garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a drop or two of water if sticking occurs.
- Add black beans, water, chili pepper (if using), lime juice, cumin and black pepper. Mash half of the beans with a potato masher, leaving some whole. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Toast tortillas either by baking at 375°F for 10 minutes or on the stovetop over medium heat for 5 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Spread black beans over toasted tortilla and top with your choice of leafy greens, veggies, fresh herbs, and sauces.