A one-pot meal packed to the max with fresh veggies.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup mint, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp water
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted,quartered
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup green beans, diced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roasted, oil-free, salt-free, chopped
- Place dressing ingredients into a bowl and then whisk until blended.
- Mix couscous, tomato, chickpeas, bell peppers, and olives in a large metal mixing bowl
- In a saucepan, add water and green beans. Heat vegetable stock over high heat until it boils.
Pour stock into the metal bowl and shake the bowl so couscous settles into liquid.
- Cover bowl with foil and let couscous stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Slowly pour dressing into the mixture and garnish with peanuts. Serve warm or cold.