A traditional Jewish baked casserole gets a plant-based spin, including our very own homemade dairy-free cream cheese!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw, soaked, drained
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 ounces wide noodles, egg-free, uncooked
- 3 1/2 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground (plus more for garnish)
- 1 batch Dairy-Free Cream Cheese (or 3/4 cup store-bought)
- 1/2 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cashews, raw, chopped (for garnish)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Strain cooked noodles then return to the pot and add applesauce, maple syrup and cinnamon then stir until ingredients are melted.
- Add dairy-free cream cheese, apples and raisins and toss to combine.
- Transfer to an 8×8 inch baking dish, smoothing out the top and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, remove foil, and bake for another 10 minutes until noodles are golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, wild berries, or a sprinkle of cinnamon. Slice and serve.