A warm and comforting dinner loaded with plant-based goodness and ideal for busy weekdays and colder months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup lima beans, frozen
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup rice, brown, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dry
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, rinsed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- Sauté onion and garlic over medium heat.
- When the onion is slightly softened, add peppers, tomatoes, and lima beans then cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, rice, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add artichokes and peas. Stir and remove from heat.
- Let sit with the cover on for 5 minutes before serving.