Pasta e Fagioli
A recipe that proves that anyone can make healthful, homemade soups in their own kitchen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 4 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 5 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 4 cups tomatoes, crushed, low-sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups kidney beans, cooked, rinsed
- 1 cup pasta of choice, uncooked
- Basil, fresh, chopped (to serve)
- Vegan Parmesan (to serve, optional)
- Heat a large pot to medium high heat.
- Add garlic, celery, onion, dried basil, and freshly ground black pepper and cook about five minutes, until vegetables begin to get soft and brown, adding a few drops of vegetable broth if sticking occurs.
- Add vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and pasta. Simmer uncovered for another 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove bay leaf. Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh basil and vegan Parmesan then serve.