Perfect Pumpkin Bread
A moist, spicy bread that is complimented by the crunch of walnuts—the perfect way to celebrate the fall season.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat or gluten-free
- 1 cup brown sugar, dark
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
- In a small bowl, mix together all wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, applesauce, water, and maple syrup).
- Add wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined (batter will be thick).
- Add walnuts and stir.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake until top is browned and when you insert a toothpick it comes out clean (40-50 minutes).
- Let cool about 20 minutes then use a knife to loosen the sides, take the pumpkin bread out, and rest on a cooling rack.