- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet (or square oven pan) with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the syrup, vanilla, agar and nut butter over medium-low heat. Stir and gently heat through, without boiling. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cereal, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pecans (if using), raisins, chocolate chips (if using), and cinnamon.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir well, until the mixture holds together when pressed with the back of a spoon.
- Quickly transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet or pan and spread it evenly with your hands or a spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Let granola cool and transfer it to an airtight container.
- Eat straight, use it to top fresh fruit, or prepare a Strawberry Parfait.
Notes: This recipe can also be used to make granola bars. In Step 5, transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined 8×8 baking pan and press down to flatten. Bake 17-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. After removing them from the oven, use a serrated knife to score the bars, cutting about half way through to make them easier to cut when chilled. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
*This recipe is found in Dreena Burton’s cookbook, Let Them Eat Vegan.