Roasted Pear Crostini With Cashew Cream
A perfect plant-based appetizer for your next special gathering—easy to prepare with an elegant look and a simple, sophisticated flavor.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe pears, sliced
- Cinnamon, ground (optional)
Basic Thick Cashew Cream**
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 3-4 hours
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1 baguette bread, whole wheat, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together balsamic, water, and maple syrup in small bowl. Add sliced pears and toss to coat.
- Place pears on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, tossing about halfway through and watching near the end to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Basic Thick Cashew Cream
- Drain cashews, add to a blender with nutritional yeast, miso paste, and minced garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Add guar gum and blend on low for 30 seconds then high for 60 seconds.
- When pears are removed from oven, place baguette slices on baking sheet and toast for 3 minutes.
- Top toasted baguette slices with a smear of Basic Thick Cashew Cream then 1-2 roasted pear slices. Serve.
Notes: Pears, including Asian pears, are a good option in the winter, while in the summer you can substitute for peaches. Basic Thick Cashew Cream recipe makes 1 3/4 cup. Unused cream can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen up to 2 months.