Roasted Rice and Kale Stuffed Peppers
A fun way to show your plant-based colors with vibrant red and yellow bell peppers filled with a nutritious mix of kale, artichoke, rice, tofu, tomatoes, onions and garlic.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 ounces tofu, firm, cubed
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts, marinated, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 3/4 cup tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup yogurt, plain, non-dairy (optional)
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until softened then add tofu and cook until a light golden brown.
- Add kale and artichoke hearts to the pan and continue to cook for 1 minute longer or until kale is wilted.
- Stir in broth, tomato and garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked rice and non-dairy plain yogurt. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves and place peppers onto cookie sheet with filling facing up.
- Place cookie sheet into oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers begin to soften. Remove from oven and serve warm.