Slow Cooker Seven Veggie Chili
A medley of beans, vegetables, and spices transformed in the slow cooker into a wholesome family meal.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 300 minutes
- Total Time: 5 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 cup bell pepper, assorted colors, chopped
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 cups beans (e.g., black, garbanzo, kidney)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced, with juice
- 1/2 cup spinach, frozen, thawed, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tbsp oregano, dry
- 1/2 tbsp parsley, dry
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Sauté bell peppers, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until soft, about 8-10 minutes, adding a drop or two of water as needed to avoid sticking.
- Add sautéed veggies plus all other ingredients to slow cooker. Mix thoroughly and cook on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir. Add more vegetable broth and/or tomato sauce if it is too thick. Serve immediately or cook 1-2 additional hours on low to further deepen and marry the flavors.