Southwest Chipotle Quinoa
A simple, nutritious dinner that comes together in minutes and is sure to become a regular meal in your home.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano, dry
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup black beans, cooked, rinsed
- Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely diced, to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- Add quinoa and two cups water to a saucepan. Stir in bay leaf, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Remove bay leaf and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook 2 minutes or until softened, then zucchini and cook 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add corn, black beans, and chipotle pepper and cook until heated through about 1 minute.
- Finally, add maple syrup and stir.
- Combine bean and vegetable mixture into quinoa saucepan.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over the top and stir. Serve hot.