Southwestern Tofu Scramble
A plant-based breakfast of champions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp thyme, dry, crushed with your fingers
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 pound tofu, extra-firm, drained
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together cumin, thyme, and turmeric. Add water, mix and set aside.
- Preheat a large, heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- Break the tofu apart into bite sized pieces and sauté for about 10 minutes, using a spatula to stir often. Cook tofu until lightly browned on one side and continue to cook until the water in the pan evaporates.
- Add red pepper and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spice blend and mix to incorporate. Add the nutritional yeast and black pepper.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes and serve warm.