A light and fresh combination of plant-based ingredients come together to create a perfect, healthful weekday meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 16-ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 cups tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Boil a large pot of water and cook spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat and saute onions and garlic until lightly brown and translucent, adding a drop of vegetable broth if sticking occurs.
- Add tomatoes, broth and vinegar and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in basil, red pepper flakes, and black pepper, then add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Continue simmering for another 5 minutes, then serve.