Sweet and Tart Baked Apples
A wholesome plant-based dessert that compliments any savory meal, especially when paired with Chef AJ’s Pear Whipped Cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 4 apples
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 cup Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash and slice apples in half, along core. Scoop out the core with a melon baller or spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix maple syrup, nuts, chopped dates, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and nut milk until oats are moist and mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon one heaping tablespoon into each apple core and place apples in a glass-baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup of water around the apples. Cover in foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and baste apples with juices from the pan. Continue to bake, uncovered, for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until apples are tender but not mushy.