Sweet Potato Chowder
A perfect ‘warm me up’ medley of sweet potatoes, onion, celery, garlic, and spices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 1–2 sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- Sage, dry, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- In a saucepan, sauté celery and onion until soft, adding a drop or two of water as needed. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, coriander, paprika, sage, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Transfer half of soup to a blender. Puree, then combine back into the saucepan.*
Notes: Puree more or less, depending on desired consistency and thickness.