Sweet Potato Lasagna
A unique take on a popular dinner entrée that features sweet potatoes, eggplant, and zucchini layered with dairy-free ricotta and topped with Cashew Cream Sauce.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 80 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced, cooked
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced, grilled
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced, grilled
- 1 cup Puttanesca Sauce or store-bought pasta sauce, oil-free
- 1/2 cup Dairy-Free Ricotta or store-bought ricotta, dairy-free
- 1 cup Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup tofu, extra firm, drained, pressed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp oregano, dry
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch slices using a knife or food processor.
- Cut eggplant and zucchini into 1/4-inch slices using a knife or food processor.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the sweet potato slices and lower heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- In a non-stick grill pan, cook eggplant and zucchini slices over medium heat turning them over when grill marks appear. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Transfer Dairy-Free Ricotta ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until crumbs form.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with Puttanesca Sauce, then add sweet potato slices in a single layer. Top with eggplant slices, then zucchini slices, followed by more Puttanesca Sauce, Dairy-Free Ricotta, and Cashew Cream Sauce.
- Continue to layer the lasagna with sweet potato slices, eggplant slices, zucchini slices, Puttanesca Sauce, Dairy-Free Ricotta and Cashew Cream Sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 50 minutes, then increase the heat to 400°F and cook 10 minutes uncovered.
- Remove lasagna from oven and cool 10 minutes. Cut and serve.